Birthday, Christmas/Festival Allowance

This chapter was added to the manual in April 2012.

The gift from the Council is provided in the following ways:

Children in foster care and residential care

All foster carers and residential care staff receive birthday, Christmas/festival allowances to purchase a gift for looked after children from the Council, as corporate parent, for the children in their care.

Funding is in place to enable residential care staff to provide birthday and Christmas/festival presents for the children in their care on behalf of the Council as corporate parent.

Children in independent or semi-independent accommodation:

These young people will receive gifts from their allocated worker on behalf of the Council in line with the Hertfordshire Leaving Care Financial Policy.

Therefore Social Workers acting on behalf of the Council should not send an additional gift.