Information Sharing with Other Agencies
SCOPE OF THIS CHAPTER
The following guidance document (PGN entitled CS0498 Information Sharing with Other Agencies - February 2019), provides general and specific guidance for practitioners in relation to sharing information with other agencies:
- When to share information about a child or adult;
- General guidance in relation to sharing information with another Local Authority when a child's case is opened or closed;
- Requests to ascertain if a child is known to Children's Services;
- Requests from the UK Border Agency;
- Requests for detailed information from other Local Authorities or CAFCASS;
- Correspondence from Courts/Solicitors;
- Data Protection Team specific requests for information.
Please read in conjunction with Consent to Information Sharing Procedure.
The link to PGN entitled CS0498 Information Sharing with Other Agencies was updated in March 2022.